Saturday, February 6, 2010

Race Day

I ran the Lady Track Shack 5K this morning, and clocked in at 23:56, my second best time in this distance. I was pretty darn happy with my time because I started very far back (had to dodge people the first half mile) and I didn't have my ipod :-( Britt, Justin, Adam, and Cole came out to cheer me on, and of course all four got lots of attention from all of the ladies there, haha! No pics today, but hopefully some of Super Bowl Sunday tomorrow...

To celebrate, we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. I rewarded myself with pancakes and bacon, while Justin and Adam stuck to the egg beaters and turkey sausage. Britt and Cole celebrated too by sharing my pancakes, which (of course) were a big hit.

By the way, I wanted to note (since this is really the only place I write things down) that Britt is eating "baby food" for only one meal a day now. He's become much less picky when he feeds himself finger food, so that's what we're going with for now usually for lunch and dinner. He eats American cheese, whole wheat bagels, organic yogurt, potatoes, avocado, rice, tomatoes (diced from Chipotle are his favorite), turkey sausage, and he has a new love of carrots as of Thursday. I also started putting milk (bm that is) in his sippy cup this week, so he can really get used to it. He's been a pro at the sippy cup (with water) for a while, but I really would like to transition to whole milk in a cup and get rid of the bottle at one year. Since he only has a few bottles a week, I don't think this should be too big of a hassle. We'll see when the time comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment